After the summer season, your hair may be left dry and damaged from a mixture of sun exposure, chlorine from swimming, and over styling with hair straighteners and blow dryers from all those summer nights out. This often leaves your hair looking dull, dry and with split ends. The good news is that there are ways that you can help to nourish your hair, and ways that you can prevent further damage.
Firstly, drink plenty of water to keep your hair hydrated. This is a simple step that also has other health benefits, including keeping your nails and skin hydrated as well.
Wear a hat if you’re heading off for some autumn/winter sun to help protect your hair from further sun damage. This will also help you to become less dehydrated as well. It’s also worth using a shampoo and conditioner that contains a sunscreen in there as well to protect your hair when you aren’t wearing a hat. Be sure to wash your hair thoroughly after swimming in a pool with chlorine to prevent further chemical damage.
Use a moisurising shampoo and conditioner regularly to keep your hair nourished. You can also get shampoos and conditioners that have heat protection properties, which are ideal if you always blow dry or straighten your hair. See the nail diva hairdressing bags for a great way to store your hairdressing kit,
Use a hot oil treatment or hair mask once a week to moisturise your hair and make it look shinier and healthier. These are readily available in most supermarkets and chemists, or you can even have a treatment done at a hair salon as well, usually costing around £5.00.
Finally, if you use blow dryers, hair straighteners or curling tongues often, be sure to use a heat protection spray to protect your hair from the heat before blow-drying.
With autumn being here, we thought we research the latest beauty trends for the season to save you having to do it. Dont forget to check out the Nail Diva hairdressing bag for great hair storage ideas.
1. Big brows – big eyebrows are still here, but make sure they have a good arch in them though to stop them looking too masculine. Also be sure to team them with a girly lip colour to feminise the look.
2. Big lashes – we love this look! Either pile on lots of mascara, or get false lashes done. This look is not just for evenings anymore, you can wear fuller lashes in the day too.
3. Plaits – yes, plaits are back in. These are so quick and easy to do, they’re perfect for fixing your hair quickly for work in the morning, or for making a quick hair transition from work to a night out.
4. Quirky colours – this trend is very vague, but basically, whether it be bold colours or a monochrome look, and done through your clothes, or your makeup, either will fit this trend.
5. Glossy ponytails – gone is the summer messy haired ponytail look, now they’re sleek and glossy, and be sure to wrap a strand of hair over the bobble to complete this smarter, sophisticated look.
Complete your autumn style with one of the latest beauty cases from our range.
- 1 of 3