Top 5 Hair Trends for summer 2014Published by on
Since summer is a time to look gorgeous, we have searched around for the top 5 hair styles/trends this summer so you don’t have to!
1. Messy Plaits – ideal for anyone who has hair long enough to be able to carry out this look, the messy plait can be glossy or matt, long or short, as long as it’s messy, it’s good! Wear it to work for a quick hair style in the morning, or on the beach on holiday, as it doesn’t matter how hot and sweaty you get, your hair will still be in style!
2. Hair Accessories – whether you use a hair band, a big bow, hair clips, whatever; hair accessories are back in fashion, and are perfect for all occasions.
3. Ombre Hair – this is a massive trend for this summer and is preferable done on at least shoulder length hair to achieve the best effect. Choose sun kissed colours for the best look.
4. Retro Curls – the 1970s retro look is back this summer, and these frizz-free curls are right on trend. Done with a side parting, this look is brought up to date.
5. Slept-in Texture – this look is roughly done, creating soft waves simply by using water and perhaps a leave in conditioner; the idea is to give your hair some texture without making it appear greasy.
Your hair makes your face!
Your hair frames your face, so it's important to choose a style and colour that is right for you. It can make you look slimmer and more tanned, but like-wise, it can also make you look plumper and paler if you get the style and the colour wrong. There are many ideas out there online and in magazines, so make sure you ask your stylist which style and colour will suit your face shape and complexion.
Why not purchase a Hairdressing Case or a Hairdressing Trolley to store all your hair products and accessories in? Available in a range of different colours and animal print designs, they would make a great addition to any bedroom or bathroom, or even a great gift for someone's birthday during the summer.